Dead project ?

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:28 AM
hi,

I updated this to work under silverlight 2.0.
Is that project still active ?
Is road map to this project ?

Regards
Cyril
Jun 29, 2009 at 7:57 AM

I think it's dead, guess we must go for another ribbon (not open source)

http://www.divelements.co.uk/net/controls/sandribbonsl/livedemofullscreen.htm

Aug 30, 2009 at 7:21 PM

Can someone confirm that this project is dead?

I downloaded the code and upgraded it to SL3. It's a very nice project, although tied in a bit too much to a SL Word app.

If the project is dead I would like to take the ribbon code and continue the project myself, leaving the Word app dead.

Regards, Jacob

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Hi,

This is not a dead project, all that has happened is that I've moved to a new job and have had little time to update the project so far.

Thanks, Simon

Aug 31, 2009 at 9:24 AM

Congrats with the new job :-)

It's good to hear that the project is not dead. As I mentioned in my previous post, I have made some changes to the ribbon code when upgrading it to SL3.

Would it be possible to split this project in 2, so that the ribbon control can become independent of the SL Word App? I would very much like to contribute the code changes I made tot he ribbon, but I had to remove the OpenXml stuff to make it work.

Regards, Jacob

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:48 PM

I think this is a great project. I hope it's not dead.

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I've still not had time to concentrate on this and Silverlight has come a long way since I last looked at this.

If you'd like to contribute your code so other can use it - let me know and I'll add you as a contributor.

However I'm thinking this is more off a starting point for styles etc. - I've learnt a lot since starting the project and I know there are better ways to code this! ... MVVM, VisualStates, etc...